Fellowship Neurorehabilitation (m/w/d) Centre hospitalier universitaire vaudois
Fellowship in neurorehabilitation at the CHUV Lausanne, Switzerland
starting November 1st, 2021
The Centre hospitalier universitaire vaudois (CHUV) is one of five Swiss University hospitals. Thanks to close collaboration with the Faculty of Biology and Medicine at the University of Lausanne and with the EPFL, the CHUV plays a leading role in the fields of medical care, medical research and training.
The faculty of the Service of Neuropsychology and Neurorehabilitation (NPR; https://www.chuv.ch/fr/neuropsy/npr-home) is composed of 5 senior physicians: 3 neurologists (including the Chair), and 2 specialists in physical medicine and rehabilitation. The Service provides highly specialized care throughout the treatment and management of in- and outpatients.
The NPR Service belongs to the Department of Clinical Neuroscience (DNC; https://www.chuv.ch/fr/neurosciences/dnc-home), allowing close interactions with the Services of Neurology, Neurosurgery, the Spinal Surgery Unit, the Leenaards Memory Center, the Neuroscience Research Center and the newly created Interdisciplinary Research Center in Neuroplasticity and Neurorehabilitation.
Neuropsychology explores the links between brain, behavior and cognitive functions, such as language, memory and attention. Neuropsychology supports patients with acquired brain pathologies for the diagnosis and treatment of cognitive and behavioural disorders. Novel research tools, such as brain imaging or virtual reality, help to understand how our brain is organized and promote its reorganization following brain damage.
Neurorehabilitation addresses the deficits related to diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system, neuromuscular diseases and myopathies. Neurorehabilitation covers a broad spectrum of patients such as victims of traumatic brain injury, stroke, encephalitis, multiple sclerosis, or myopathy.
In this fellowship, under the responsibility of the Chair of the NPR Service and the neurological and physical medicine and rehabilitation attendings :
- You supervise interdisciplinary inpatient admissions, rounds, assessments and interdisciplinary discussions in neurorehabilitation.
- You supervise and coordinate the activities of the residents
- You perform inpatient consultations to assess the rehabilitation potential
- You participate in the outpatient consultations in neurorehabilitation
- You interface and collaborate with all interdisciplinary teams contributing to the patient and family care and well-being
- You participate in the calls of the NPR Service (nights and weekends)
- You take part in teaching at the Department of Clinical Neuroscience and the NPR Service
- You participate in research projects, with a particular focus on neurotechnology
FMH title or advanced training in neurology or physical medicine and rehabilitation, with an interest in neurorehabilitation; or FMH or advanced training in internal medicine, neurosurgery or psychiatry with experience in (neuro)rehabilitation; or equivalent title recognized by the Mebeko.
Federal medical degree or equivalent recognized by Mebeko
Level C1 in French required
Organizational and team coaching skills
Ability to integrate quickly into new teams with highly developed interpersonal skills
Having a sense of listening and empathy
WE OFFER :
Becoming a collaborator of the Centre hospitalier universitaire Vaudois ensures:
- First class social benefits
- Regular salary progression adapted to responsibilities
- Entitlement to a minimum of three educational days per year
- 25 vacation days per year
- Company restaurants of hotel quality, in each of the buildings of the institution.
Rue du Bugnon 46, 1011 Lausanne, Schweiz